Most tests use standard solutions, chemical reagents, and titrants. It is important to exercise care and cautions while using them.
Precautions while storing and using the kit
- Store the kit in a cool, dry place.
- Keep out of reach of children and animals.
- Avoid chemicals coming in contact with skin and eyes. Recommended usage of gloves and eye protection.
- If chemicals do come in contact with skin and eyes, rinse thoroughly with water and seek medical attention.
- Conduct tests in well lit and well insulated areas away from direct sunlight.
Disposal of reagents
- Dispose used reagents in the bottle marked for disposal. This bottle contains activated charcoal. Dry out the bottle outdoors to allow more liquids to be disposed.
- After using the entire kit, empty out the activaed charcoal and dipose it in your area’s medical / hazardous waste facility.